The Goddess House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Moon Ritual to Artemis

Go down

New Moon Ritual to Artemis Empty New Moon Ritual to Artemis

Post  Aset Moon Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Ritual to Artemis
to be performed at the New Moon
by Teri / AspenCross

Intent: Strength, confidence, courage to be who I am

If possible, perform in the mountains.

Set up the ritual space:
Place the altar in the centre of the circle. On the altar place some item to represent the Goddess. Anything that represents the Earth will work (Artemis is a very earthy goddess.)

Also have:
- Drinking water
- Your Goddess candle
- Place three candles in colors that represent strength, confidence and courage. (I am choosing red, green and black.)

Incense: Mugwort - sacred to Artemis
Something to cast the circle with, if you choose.
P
lace candles in the four directions.

If performing at home, take a cleansing bath.
If in the mountains, use a stream or a bottle of water you have brought for this purpose.

Cast the circle. Light the Goddess candle. Call the directions as you light the candles. Light the incense.

Artemis, Lady of the Crescent Moon
I come to you on this, the New Moon
to ask for the strength, courage and confidence to be me.
I am tired of being whatever someone else thinks I should be.
I know what is best for me.
I know what is true for me.
I know I am buried deep from all the years of neglect.
I can feel me. I am ready, the labor is starting
I am waiting to be born.
With your guidance and your assistance, I can be delivered.
I know you will make it as painless as possible.
I have the strength. I have the confidence and I have the courage.

Meditate upon who you are, who you want to be, what attributes, qualities you admire in others. If you admire this in others, it is in you. They are mirroring for you. It is just buried. Ask Artemis to help bring it forward. What has been imposed on you by others? Ask Artemis to take these away.

Raise energy by whatever means you are most comfortable with. I am choosing to perform a bear dance. I am going to envision myself as a she-bear. Fierce and strong. Growl like a bear. Let all the tension, anger, bitterness anything you don't want to diminish with each growl. Dance around the circle envisioning yourself as a bear. Raise the energy, fill it with all your frustrations! Growl, become fierce. Let yourself out. When you feel ready, release the energy, knowing with each passing minute, you are becoming true to yourself.

Ground the excess energy. Drink water.

Artemis, I thank you for your strength.
I thank you for my birth.
I am strong.
I am confident.
I am courageous.
I am Me!

Extinguish the Goddess Candles. If possible, leave the three candles on the altar burning. Thank the elements and extinguish the candles. Open the circle and celebrate your birth!

Aset Moon
Admin

https://goddesshouse.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down